Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Chapter 11 completed

Six and a half all-new pages today! Of course, I deleted just as much content, so my total word count dropped by about 200 words, but who cares. I'm finally done with my eleventh chapter, which is the last of the chapters that required wholesale rewriting.

My next chapter is the one that was best written prior to my last round of edits, so it should take the least amount of work. That's nine pages I should be able to fly through, relatively speaking. The shorter chapter that comes next isn't quite as good, but still doesn't require any wholesale replacement. Then I will be DONE with my revising-expanding process, and can move on with new content. I look forward to the point when the words I write will actually be added to my net wordcount. It seems like I've been working my tail off, and yet been hovering around 200 total pages for weeks.

At any rate, I'm feeling pretty jazzed. Hope your writing is going as well.

The stats as of today:
-49,500 estimated words.
-58,481 actual words.
-Eleven fully-revised-and-expanded chapters (179 pages total).
-198 pages in all.
-Song(s) listened to while writing: Remember, by Harry Nilsson

No comments: