Friday, September 21, 2007

Well into chapter 5.

Six pages of all-new content today! And it only took me two and a half hours, amazingly. I was really flying through this content, which is surprising, because I hadn't planned it out as well as I usually need to. This scene was a flashback, and a key one at that, but since I knew the characters well enough, it came pretty easily. It actually surprised me three times with twists on how the scene developed, but I love it when scenes do that to me. It gives me the same sense of surprise that the reader gets.

Anyway, I can't say much about the specifics of the scene, as usual, but I'm now about a third of the way through chapter five. I hadn't intended on writing this entire scene tonight, but, like I said, things were just flowing. I'm happy to see that this can happen when I'm writing new content, and on a Friday to boot. If I keep this up, I'm going to finish ahead of my goal, which was ambitious to begin with. I guess we'll see if I can maintain my momentum that long. I hope so!

The stats as of today:
-33,500 estimated words.
-38,628 actual words.
-Five-and-a-portion fully-revised-and-expanded chapters (67 pages total).
-Ten-and-a-portion completed chapters in all (134 pages).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

6 pages?!? Wow, that's brilliant!! Even if you *don't* quite keep up this pace, you'll still be making great progress. I feel inspired, though not inspired enough to get on with my *own* writing quite yet... I've got Life Stuff going on, and am still not quite recovered, but hopefully I'll get back to a steady routine soon.

Well done! :)

Christopher M. Park said...

Thanks Karen! I'm glad to hear that you're feeling inspired, if not quite ready to get down in the trenches again. I have no doubt that once your Life Stuff and illness is behind you, you'll be right there again. It was really encouraging, seeing how you were consistently making such good progress before, and I look forward to seeing that again!